The protection of your personal data is extremely important to mateco. This Privacy Notice describes the measures designed to ensure the protection of personal data in accordance with the objectives and obligations specified in the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Natural Persons with Regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the Free Movement of Such Data, and Repealing Directive 95/46/EC) (hereinafter: ‘GDPR’) and other relevant laws and regulations. With this guide, we would like to clearly inform you of the methods used within the mateco company to process your personal data.
Mateco acts not only as the controller of the personal data during the various procedures and systems applicable or used within mateco, but also as a processor where we may come into contact with our customers' personal data, processed upon their request. As a processor, we enter into a data processing agreement in accordance with the law, which must be read and signed by both parties.
As both a controller and/or a processor, mateco takes the necessary technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data. As a processor, we will always provide assistance to the controller in accordance with our data processing agreement.
Activities of mateco
Mateco leases out and sells new or used machinery and other types of equipment, including ancillary services required by customers, and also offers training courses approved by VCA, IPAF and others.
2. What type of personal data do we collect?
Any information pertaining to identified or identifiable natural persons is considered ‘personal data’.
As part of current or future (potential) collaborations, we receive data from our customers, suppliers, partners, online and site visitors etc. (i.e. from data subjects), which data are then processed.
‘Personal contact and identification data’ are the following:
- Company name
- Address (street, house number, postal code, town)
- First name
- E-mail address
- Phone number, mobile number, fax number
- Tax number
- Other unique data, e.g. job title
- Financial data
- IP address
- Copy of identity card / driving licence (if applicable)
- Copy of the registration certificate of the vehicle used to deliver the leased goods
- Photograph of the persons entering our facilities recorded by the video surveillance system
- Geographical location (see Section 12)
- Statistics relating to the use of the leased goods, websites and applications
- Interests of individuals to purchase or lease certain types of machines
- Actions performed by the user on the website and/or application
The personal data we collect is appropriate and relevant to our purposes. The collection of personal data is limited to what is strictly necessary for the processing of the personal data.
3. Why do we collect personal data?
We collect personal data to the extent necessary to fulfil our agreement with you or to take the necessary steps to enter into an agreement with you at your request.
We require this information for our ordinary business operation and for the provision of our services. In accordance with the GDPR, this constitutes a ‘legitimate interest’ and a ‘contractual obligation’ of the controller.
All personal data (general personal identification data) may only be used for the following purposes:
- Professional contact by phone, mobile phone, e-mail, etc.
- Services provided to your company and your employees
- Repair and maintenance
- Fleet management
- Financial data
- Billing (both digital and postal)
- Geographical location (see Section 12)
- Credit check
- Newsletters, product catalogues and information about our services, current topics and corporate communications. There is a possibility to subscribe to/unsubscribe from these communications.
- Sending of mateco marketing materials.
- Offering certified courses.
- Conducting customer satisfaction surveys and market research studies, including questionnaires and/or interviews.
- Recovery of arrears.
- Enforcement of our legal rights to take back the machine upon termination of the lease or if the sale is annulled due to late payment of the sale price.
4. How do we collect your data?
Data collection can take place in different ways, e.g.:
- By personal/telephone/postal contact
- Through the contact form on our website
- At networking events/fairs
- Mateco applications
- Via GPS tracking devices
5. How long do we store your data?
We will preserve your personal identification data as long as the cooperation persists and neither party terminates it. You, as the data subject, may expressly request their earlier erasure without prejudice to statutory preservation periods. (e.g.: according to the tax law, personal data must be stored for 5-10 years, or personal data must be stored for 3-10 years so that either party can defend their rights under the law before a court, etc.).
6. Hiring and recruitment of personnel
In order to offer you the best possible employment opportunities, we need to process some information relating to you. We only ask for data that we believe will really allow us to help you, e.g. your name, age, contact details, qualifications, previous jobs, emergency contacts, immigration status, psychological profile, intellectual abilities and social security number (and of course you can share other important information with us at your discretion). If necessary, we may collect information relating to your health, information about your particularities, or any criminal record data, in accordance with the local laws and requirements.
We also collect personal data about you from third parties (e.g.: through professional private networks, employment agencies and job portals).
As a result of visiting our website, reading or clicking on the e-mail we send you, we collect certain data automatically, or by you providing them.
If you are a temporary employee, we collect your personal data as follows:
- From you; or
- From third parties (e.g.: employment agency offices).
If we hire or employ you directly as a temporary employee, the main purpose of using your personal data is to ensure the smoothness of the temporary relationship and to comply with our contractual and other obligations to each other and our customers, as well as to third parties, e.g. our obligations to tax authorities and government offices.
7. Who do we share your data with?
7.1. We do not sell or lend your data to individuals or companies that are not part of the mateco group.
We will not share your personal data with third parties unless:
- you have given your prior consent
- the recipient is our subcontractor/supplier/subsidiary and your personal data must be shared with them for the purposes described in Section 3 above.
- we are performing pre-contractual activities to offer you our products and services
- we are performing the services you purchase
- we are obliged to do so by law or legal procedure (see Section 7.2)
- we are asked to do so by legislative or judicial authorities (see Section 7)
We may use third parties to process your personal data, who will receive your data. We require these third parties, as processors, to process your data in accordance with our instructions and (security) standards. These agreements are recorded in a data processing agreement with each processor.
Some of these processors may be located outside the EU. In this case, we ensure that we have additional agreements with these parties to ensure an adequate level of protection.
7.2. In the case of a full or partial reorganisation of mateco's business, if it reorganises, transfers or terminates business activities or if mateco goes bankrupt, it may mean that your data will be transferred to new entities or third parties, who perform all or part of mateco's business activities.
Mateco will make reasonable efforts to inform you in advance that mateco will make your data available to such a third party, but you acknowledge that this may not be technically or commercially possible in all circumstances.
7.3. In rare cases, mateco may be required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with legal regulations or other mandatory laws.
7.4. Once we have identified you as a potential candidate for a vacancy, we may share your data with any of our companies within the group and affiliated third parties (our service providers) so that they can contact you about our services.
7.5. If we employ you directly as a temporary employee, we may share your personal data with the appropriate employees within the mateco group (employees in other offices/companies may also be included).
8. Third party access
8.1. In order to process your personal data, we may allow third parties to access your personal data.
8.2. In this case, we will provide you with the same level of protection as set out in the Privacy Notice and make the contractual obligations enforceable against these employees and workers.
9. Social media
We like to engage, through our web and (own) social media channels, in dialogue with our customers, users of our services/applications, and people who visit our website regarding our organisation, products, and/or services. Our goal is to provide useful and relevant information and/or answer questions asked through social media. We actively follow the internet and social media channels, e.g. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and blogs. We expressly reserve the right not to answer all questions or comments. No rights can be derived from whether or not we respond to content.
When participating in feeds and answering questions or comments, we may collect (personal) data. We will, of course, process this data in accordance with our Privacy Nolicy. We are not responsible for content that is posted by users of other social media channels and how they process personal data.
You are free to decide whether to follow mateco on these social platforms.
10. Automated decision-making and profiling
You may apply profiling. Profiling is the collection, analysis and aggregation of (personal) data in order to categorise you. The profiling algorithm required to build your profile could theoretically contain all the relevant data types mentioned in Section 2. If you would like more information on how we collect data, please read our cookie information at www.mateco-hungary.hu/hu/meta/cookie-hazirend/
After we collect the data, we perform analyses to ensure that we automatically add certain categories to your profile. Profiling thus allows us to better match the content of our websites as well as our applications, e-mails, offers and advertisements to your interests.
Profiling can have an impact on your privacy (e.g.: if we have attached incorrect (interest) categories to you based on incorrect or outdated information). In this case, you can contact us at our email@example.com data protection address, in order for us to rectify your data.
11. How do we secure your personal data?
We treat your personal data as strictly confidential. That is why we provide all the necessary technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data.
We make every effort to protect our network from unauthorised access and to ensure the confidentiality of personal and business data for our customers, suppliers and potential customers.
As an organisation, we have a Privacy Notice, clear responsibilities and rights. We apply all necessary processes and procedures to optimally implement and follow this policy.
When working with processors, a contractual agreement ensures the security of your personal data.
12. Use of GPS tracking devices
Our machines may be equipped with GPS tracking devices that send real-time data to mateco.
We collect the following technical data (only in connection with the connected machine) via the GPS tracking devices:
- Geographical location data: in particular the last known location, the longitude and latitude of the location (e.g.: in case of theft);
- User data: in particular the number of hours the machine has been used (for billing purposes), speed, distance…;
- Component data: in particular machine cooling temperature, machine oil temperature, machine oil pressure, ambient temperature, machine error codes, transmission error codes, oil level…
This data is collected through tools and services provided to us, managed and serviced by machine manufacturers or specialised third party service providers based in the EU and the USA. Therefore, access to your personal data is part of our contracts with them and the protection of your personal data is guaranteed by these contracts.
13. What rights do you have and how can you exercise them?
You have the right to ask us for access to your personal data, and for the rectification or erasure of your personal data.
You may also notify us if you wish to exercise your rights to restrict the processing and transferability of your data, and have the right to object to their processing.
These rights can be exercised free of charge by sending a clear request to our firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address, in which you must clearly state what rights you wish to exercise, provide an explanation therefor, and enclose a copy of your identity card and contact information, where you can be contacted.
If you do not agree with our response, you have the right to submit a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority:
National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (NADPFI)
Postal address: 1363 Budapest, Pf.: 9.
Address: 1055 Budapest, Falk Miksa utca 9-11
Phone: +36 (1) 391-1400
Fax: +36 (1) 391-1410
Data Protection Officer: Bovard Kft. (email@example.com)